Listen to the full episode on your favourite podcast player:
I’m compelled to act because we’ve only got the one planet and we’re destroying everything.Sonalie Figueiras, Founder & CEO Green Queen and Ekoware
A few months ago we hosted an experts panel on how brands can leverage innovation and creator partnerships in order to scale positive impact on environmental sustainability. Over the last few months we’ve seen climate change issues making big waves in the media as the world becomes aware that it is becoming a global epidemic.
As someone who loves nature, I was curious about the different perspectives on how we can innovate around sustainability and partnerships to scale positive impact on the environment as a brand. Hong Kong has been making huge progress in the sustainable lifestyle and zero waste movement over the last few years, so for our next few episodes, I’m delighted to be talking to some of our panelists as well as sustainable entrepreneurs doing amazing work in this area.
Sonalie Figueiras is the founder and editor-in-chief of Green Queen, Asia’s largest eco wellness media platform, whose health issues led her to discovering the benefits of plant based diets and how it connects with the health of the planet and eventually advocating for social & environmental change and educating the Asia community on sustainability through original, inspiring media content.
In this episode we’ll be talking about:
- How Green Queen grew from a blog into a full multi channel media company that became the largest eco-wellness platform in Asia
- How Hong Kong’s behaviour and attitude towards sustainable living and zero waste movement differ from the rest of the world and led to the rapid growth of innovation and entrepreneurship in this area
- Core driver for the growth of brands incorporating sustainability into their business
- Sonalie’s favourite brands and entrepreneurs in HK doing amazing work in the eco-living space
- How vegetarian food and green living goes hand in hand and why she’s a huge proponent of plant based food
- What the main challenges are for people to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle
- Sonalie’s prediction on environmental and social changes in the next few years
- Some ways small businesses and startups can start incorporating sustainability into their business
- Examples of successful brand partnerships and innovation that are growing positive environmental impact
- Topics people are most interested in from insight on Green Queen
To start living in a more eco-friendly way, Sonalie suggests making a habit out of the following :
- Buy less stuff – you need much less than you think you need
- Increase number of plant based meal per week – make it a challenge with family and friends to explore plant based dining
- Spend more time in nature
- Only buy second hand clothes
Founded by serial entrepreneur Sonalie Figueiras in 2011, Green Queen is an award-winning impact media platform advocating for social & environmental change in Hong Kong. Their mission is to shift consumer behaviour through inspiring & empowering original content in Asia and beyond.
With 3million + monthly digital impressions and over 25,000 followers on social media channels, Green Queen is the most popular and most visited eco, health & wellness English media magazine and platform in Hong Kong and across Asia.
Clips and summary from the Innovate for Growth Sustainability Experts Panel
Want a quick preview of this episode?
Is your brand interested in exploring podcasts as a marketing channel?
Brand sponsorship is a great way for your brand to reach and engage with its target audience in a relevant way while adding educational value. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to support us on an ongoing basis:
Become a Fan:
Show your love and support for The Innovate for Growth Podcast.
Become a Sponsor:
Help us keep the podcast up and running at a high quality.
Become a Super Fan:
Get exclusive access to in person Q&A sessions with selected guests each month.
Other podcast interviews from The Innovate for Growth Podcast you might like: