Listen to the full episode on your favourite podcast player:
“It’s a pursuit of perfection at every single step.”
In this episode, we will be continuing our journey into the world of fine art as I talk to Jack Storms, one of the very few cold glass sculptors in the world. His work has been featured in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy movie and viral videos that have reached hundreds of millions of viewers. In this episode Jack will explain more about his work process, how his art piece ended up in a Marvel movie, meeting Stan Lee in person and his own advice for those who want to build a successful business as an artist.
- The techniques and process Jack Storms used to create the signature look for his glass sculptures
- Why there aren’t many cold glass artists in the world
- How Jack’s love for geometry influence the aesthetics for his art
- Jack’s journey of becoming a sculptor and going from being inspired by Stan Lee in the early days to a memorable experience of meeting him in person
- How a Jack Storms sculpture landed a part in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy movie
- Jack’s plans for growing his brand and increasing engagement with his fans by sharing what it takes to be a functioning artist through his vlog and Patreon
- Jack’s advice for aspiring artist entrepreneurs
” Develop a thick skin, listen to criticism, even mean spirited criticism might hold a kernel of truth, and if you focus on that kernel of truth you can develop better art. Also treat it like a real business, a real career and don’t treat it like a hobby then expect to pay a mortgage with it because it won’t work.”
Want a quick preview of this episode?
Is your brand interested in exploring podcasts as a marketing channel?
Brand sponsorship is a great way for your brand to reach and engage with its target audience in a relevant way while adding educational value. For more information, please email email@example.com
If you’d like to support us on an ongoing basis:
Become a Fan:
Become a Sponsor:
Become a Super Fan:
Other podcast interviews from The Innovate for Growth Podcast you might like: