Listen to the full episode on your favourite podcast player:
In this episode I’m delighted to chat with Natalie Chan, Founder & CEO of OWN Academy and one of the most inspiring education innovators in Hong Kong. OWN Academy bridges classrooms and the real world by giving secondary school students practical industry experience with companies like New York Times and Cartoon Network, helping them to discover their unique talents and career path. Natalie will be sharing more about their programmes and industry partnerships, the challenges and future for OWN Academy, and her experience and insights from Davos.
What we talked about:
- Natalie’s career journey going from corporate to becoming a film producer, to discovering her passion for education
- The power of media in helping her create positive impact that reaches many more people
- Do 12 year olds kids of this generation really know what they want to do with their lives? How OWN Academy help students discover their talents and the wide range of career opportunities that are available
- How they are making it possible for secondary school students to get experience working with companies like New York Times and Cartoon Network
- Natalie’s criterias when choosing companies to work with
- OWN Academy’s biggest challenges and goals as a forward thinking education innovator
- Natalie’s own role models and mentors
- Her experience at Davos and insights on education and future of work
Natalie’s advice for mission driven creative entrepreneurs:
” Figure out your business model first (…) Ultimately to be sustainable and really make an impact you have to have a business model that supports it, so figure out how to make money. “
End of Season 1
This is the final episode of Season 1 of The Innovate for Growth Podcast. We’re going to be taking a short break while preparing our next season with some amazing guests lined up, including an international children’s character and TV show creator, a Tai Chi master and an author documenting the stories of Hong Kong’s traditional tradesmen and women. Until then, stay tuned!
Want a quick preview of this episode?
Is your brand interested in exploring podcasts as a marketing channel?
Brand sponsorship is a great way for your brand to reach and engage with its target audience in a relevant way while adding educational value. For more information, please email us at email@example.com
If you’d like to support us on an ongoing basis:
Become a Fan:
Show your love and support for The Innovate for Growth Podcast.
Become a Sponsor:
Help us keep the podcast up and running at a high quality.
Become a Super Fan:
Get exclusive access to in person Q&A sessions with selected guests each month.
Other podcast interviews from The Innovate for Growth Podcast you might like: