A few months ago we hosted an experts panel on how brands can leverage innovation and creator partnerships in order to scale positive impact on environmental sustainability. Over the last few months we’ve seen climate change issues making big waves in the media as it rapidly becomes a global epidemic.
As someone who loves nature, I was curious about the different perspectives on how we can innovate around sustainability and partnerships to scale positive impact on the environment as a brand. Hong Kong has been making huge progress in the sustainable lifestyle and zero waste movement over the last few years, so for our next few episodes, I’m delighted to be talking to some of our panelists as well as sustainable entrepreneurs doing amazing work in this area.
Sonalie Figueiras is the founder and editor-in-chief of Green Queen, Asia’s largest eco wellness media platform, offering resources for the community to make the planet and people healthier, and advocating for social & environmental change using original, inspiring content.
In this episode we’ll be talking about:
- How Green Queen grew from a blog into a multi-channel media company and the largest eco-wellness platform in Asia
- How Hong Kong’s behaviour and attitude towards sustainable living and zero waste movement differ from the rest of the world and led to the rapid growth of innovation and entrepreneurship in this area
- Core driver for the growth of brands incorporating sustainability into their business
- Sonalie’s favourite sustainable brands and entrepreneurs in HK doing amazing work
- How a vegan diet and green living goes hand in hand and why Sonalie is a strong proponent of plant based food
- What are the main challenges to people adopting sustainable lifestyle – awareness, convenience
- Sonalie’s prediction on environmental and social changes in the next few years
- How small businesses and startups can start incorporating sustainability into their business
- Examples of successful brand partnerships that scales positive impact on the environment
- Sustainability related topics that the Green Queen audience are most interested
Founded by serial entrepreneur Sonalie Figueiras in 2011, Green Queen is an award-winning impact media platform advocating for social & environmental change in Hong Kong. Their mission is to shift consumer behaviour through inspiring & empowering original content in Asia and beyond.
With 3million + monthly digital impressions and over 25,000 followers on social media channels, Green Queen is the most popular and most visited eco, health & wellness English media magazine and platform in Hong Kong and across Asia.